Friday, January 4, 2008

WSDOT website--mobile

I live in the Seattle Metro area, so my life is dictated by traffic. I take public transport to work, but since I don't live in the right area for the bus I drive a lot. And since I drive, I keep up with the traffic.

I use my T-Mobile Sidekick to access www.wsdot.wa.gov , which is the Washington State Dept of Transportation website. I've got the traffic page for Seattle bookmarked and use it almost on a daily basis.

The website loads without too much problem but there is a section where it hangs up. Each time I access the website on the Sidekick browser (not IE or Safari), I have to hold down the navigation button until it gets past the announcement of the day. It's not a big problem, but I don't have this issue on IE when I visit the same page, so it makes me wonder what the code is that hangs up the browsing on the sidekick...

Kudos do go out to the WSDOT for having such a wonderful wesbite for mobile users--it refreshed the view every couple of minutes, is hardly ever down and even includes a picture from a traffic camera!

No comments: