Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Monster now owns HotJobs, good for them, but how does it impact me?

I just received an email from Yahoo's HotJobs site informing me that they have been bought out by Monster (it was only a matter of time).  I was urged three times to transfer my HotJobs account information over to Monster otherwise I would "loose access to your cover letters, resumes and other files".  Ok, I get that but how would this transfer affect my current Monster account where I have other cover letters and resumes saved? They did not address this in the email even though they made sure to encourage me three times to transfer my HotJobs information.

I'm taking the chance that if I just let my HotJobs account go by the wayside (starting in early 2011 according to the email) that my Monster account won't be affected and by default all of my information and files will be saved.

But it would have been nice to know that in the email.

No comments: